Whilst ERMS was due to go live on Wednesday 1st February 2017, we have been advised that this timeframe will not be met. As soon as we have a new live date, we will pass this on.
Please note: The current Incident Reporting page will be rebranded as the Incident and Hazard Reporting page once ERMS is live.
ERMS Consultation Feedback
Following an email summary of configurable health and safety components within ERMS, an ERMS consultation feedback period was open to stakeholders between 12/12/16 and 09/01/17.
All recieved feedback was reviewed, correlated and accepted wherever possible. Feedback was only rejected where the system was non-configurable or when deemed to be non-beneficial.
Who it will affect:
- Everyone who reports, views or manages incident or hazard reports.
- Everyone who assessed, views or managed risk assessments.
Why are we implementing this system?
Existing systems and arrangements for incidents and risk management:
- The University of Melbourne (UoM) has a documented Safety Management System which requires many activities, documents, records and tasks current systems and process result in challenges to implementation and sharing, monitoring and reporting.
- The existing incident reporting system commenced in 2007 as an interim measure. It has limitations, including not being able to be accessed by most students, is not easily edited, has limited reporting capabilities and the configuration can’t be easily amended.
- The existing risk assessment templates are formatted in Word, Excel, pdf and other formats. This causes limitations in monitoring, sharing, reporting and updating of risks.
- Current cyclic events, workplace inspection and safety audits are a mix of online tools, hard copy and other electronic formats. The new system will offer, increased sharing, reporting and monitoring of completed actions.
- The existing incident dashboard offers limited reporting functionality.
- The health and safety component forms only a small portion of ERMS. The enterprise risk management system allows for risk management across the University. ERMS components include: audit, business continuity, compliance and enterprise risk management.
Where can I receive training on how to use the new system?
- Wednesday 25th January, 1pm, Theatre D, room 155, Old Arts
- Wednesday 25th January, 2pm, Theatre D, room 155, Old Arts
Health and Safety Business Partners (previously Local Area Contacts) access:
- Wednesday 25th January, 2.30pm, Theatre D, room 155, Old Arts
What if I need training but am unable to attend in person?
The Monday session was run as a webinar. The recording is available to view here.
I have more questions, who do I contact?