The University has a number of ways of helping all of us respond to an emergency.
- All buildings have volunteer Chief Wardens and floor wardens who in the event of an emergency will coordinate an appropriate response to keep people safe. This may involve the evacuation of the building or other methods based on specific advice from Security at the time.
- On-site trained volunteer First Aiders in buildings are able to respond to immediate emergencies depending on the complexity of the medical issue and their relative personal safety. Always call the relevant emergency services, including Ambulance if the emergency is beyond the competence level of the First Aider or others.
- University Security operates a 24/7 security service. Trained security staff can respond to and help coordinate additional resources to assist with the emergency. Call Parkville campus Security on (03) 834 46666 or 1800 246 066 (free call).
- Emergency numbers from other locations:
- Burnley: (03) 834 46666
- Creswick: (03) 5321 4333 / After hours: 0425 700 042
- Dookie: (03) 5833 9200
- Southbank: (03) 9035 9311
Emergency Services activation is vital for events that are beyond the local capacity to respond effectively. If in doubt ring the appropriate emergency service and also inform University Security.
In a life threatening emergency, dial (0) 000 first.