- Access University systems
- Find services and resources
- Office 365 (email)
- Staff Services Portal (ServiceNow)
- Learning Management System
- Information technology
- Human resources
- Research Gateway
- Students and teaching
- Finance, purchasing and travel
- Facilities, transport and security
- Marketing and communications
Information for contractors
Induction, building access, parking, maps, design standards and plans
- All contractors working onsite at the University of Melbourne must carry proof of the online induction whilst onsite, either by carrying a printout of the induction completion certificate or by getting a contractor ID printed from Campus Services. Contractors unable to prove they've completed the online induction will be asked to leave the site by security.
- Access to contractor key cabinets is provided only if staff have a contractor ID card. All keys must be returned by close of business the same day.
Before commencing any works, contractors must complete the online OHS contractor induction. Generally, contractors and delivery drivers have up to 20 minutes to 'drop off' and collect equipment.
Heavy vehicles picking up and dropping off equipment are not required to purchase a ticket or display a zone permit. Contractors/project managers using heavy vehicles can contact Transport and Parking beforehand to ensure traffic management plans are in place to protect the safety of the pedestrians and road users.
Contractor permit parking
Authorised maintenance contractors and contractors working on specific building projects for Infrastructure or Project Services (limit two per building site) are eligible to apply for contractor parking permits.
In order to obtain the discount, contact Transport and Parking. Once approved, your staff card will be activated.
Central campus daily permit
A valid daily permit must be visible at all times on the vehicle or windscreen whilst parked on central campus.
- A daily ticket must be purchased from the pay machine at the Transport and Parking located at 213 Grattan Street, Parkville.
- Only contractors requiring constant access to their vehicles or have vehicles carrying equipment, heavy tools or machinery will be allowed to park on campus. Those contractors who can drop off tools or equipment and park off site are required to do so.
Eastern Precinct, University Square and Central Campus permits
- Quarterly or annual permits are available for purchase (set dates apply).
A quarterly/annual permit can be purchased by contacting Transport and Parking.
- The zone permit must be displayed in conjunction with a valid parking permit or ticket.
- Zone permits are usually issued to vehicles such as promotional cars, contractors with heavy equipment or media which require access to areas without marked bays or loading zones for extended periods.
- Parking infringements apply to vehicles failing to display both permits.
Zone permits are assessed on a case by case basis and are issued by Infrastructure Services.
- A zone permit allows a contractor to park in areas such as Professors Walk, Gate 6 and Gate 8 where there are no marked bays, or Loading Zones for periods longer than the prescribed time.
- A zone permit does not allow parking in areas where signage or line marking prohibits or restricts parking or allow vehicles to block footpaths or roadways or access to footpaths and roadways.
- A parking permit/ticket and zone permit are not required where emergency works are undertaken. Asset Services should notify Transport & Parking of the emergency so Traffic Officers will not infringe vehicles involved in the emergency.
Duration of a zone permit is up to two weeks only.
Fees and charges
There is no charge for zone permits. However, a valid permit must also be displayed alongside a valid zone permit. Parking infringements will apply if both permits are not displayed.
- All contractors, sub-contractors, suppliers and their employees must undertake induction training individually before working at the University's campuses.
- Arrangements for inductions are organised through your project manager or University contact.
- The induction is valid for two years.
Online contractor induction
Access the University of Melbourne Contractor induction module. You will require a username and password to access the online induction.
- Design standards
Services plans and maps
Access campus maps online for all University campuses.
Building services floor plans
Email building services to request 'as-built' building services drawings (electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, fire, structural & architectural).
Underground services maps
- request map showing one or more underground services
- report changes to underground services.
Security and transport reception (for access control and parking enquiries)
Building 203, 213 Grattan Street
08:00am–5:00pm Monday to Friday (closed on University holidays)
Call +61 3 834 6666 in emergencies (24 hours).