Provide feedback, response and other process
External feedback process
This process relates to feedback from external stakeholders about occupational health and safety matters that are under the management and control of the University. External stakeholders include regulatory bodies, suppliers, customers and clients, neighbors and members of the public.
- How to provide feedback
As an external stakeholder wishing to offer feedback, you may either:
- Informal - raise the matter informally with the University representative (usually a manager or supervisor) responsible;
If you are unable to reach a resolution through this option, or are unable to identify a responsible representative, then please proceed to the next option.
- Formal - raise the matter formally in writing to the Associate Director, Health & Safety.
When offering feedback, we ask that you provide the following information:
- Your name;
- Your contact details;
- Your relationship to the University of Melbourne;
- The details of the matter you wish to raise, including:
- location, personnel involved and time/date;
- the plant or equipment, chemicals or substances, systems of work or workplace involved;
- Details of what action/s you would like the University to take in response to your feedback.
- Feedback response processes and requirements
These documents describes the formal and informal processes that the University representative and/or the Associate Director, Health & Safety, will undertake in response to external stakeholder feedback:
- Other review, complaint or grievance processes
If you are seeking investigation or review of a University matter that does not fall within the scope of the processes above, the following may be suitable:
- Student Complaints and Grievances Policy (MPF1066) - Policy Library
- Making your workplace fair, equitable and safe - Human Resources website
- Discrimination, harassment and bullying - Human Resources website
- Diversity and inclusion - Diversity and Inclusion website