International Day of Happiness (Postponed until further notice)
Due to the current environment we have decided to postpone our happiness day activities to later in the year.
What is the International Day of Happiness?
It’s a day to embrace your happiness!
On 12 July 2012 the General Assembly of the United Nations, in resolution 66/281, proclaimed 20 March as International Day of Happiness; recognising the relevance of happiness and well-being as universal goals and aspirations in the lives of human beings around the world and the importance of their recognition in public policy objectives.
Since 2013, the United Nations has celebrated the International Day of Happiness as a way to recognise the importance of happiness in the lives of people around the world.
Everyone wants to be happy - and life is happier when we're together. March 20 is an opportunity to celebrate our common humanity.
- Follow this year's #TenStepsToGlobalHappiness
- Read the https://worldhappiness.report/
- Join the Action for Happiness movement and to see what the world is doing to celebrate happiness day
- Take part in Mindful March and do something little everyday to generate happiness
- Explore Great Dream, Ten keys to happier living by Action for Happiness and the "ten factors that are really important for our well-being and what we can do about them"
- Organise an event for your team and enter the competition (details below)
Laugh more, stress less
- Just laughing - a Mindfulness Meditation ~ STEPHANIE NASH https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDRr8UEIP9E
- You are contagious | Vanessa Van Edwards | TEDxLondon (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cef35Fk7YD8)
- Humor at work | Andrew Tarvin | TEDxOhioStateUniversity (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iFCm5ZokBI)
- How to Humor Your Stress | Loretta LaRoche | TEDxNewBedford (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZMJdhe4xhQ)
11 Barry Street staff have the opportunity to take part in various happiness day events organised by the Health & Safety Services team - check out the posters appearing all over Barry Street during March.
If you are organising a happiness activity in your area please let us know.
Competition - Prizes to be won!
Did you organise an event to celebrate International Day of Happiness in your team? Send us a photo of the fun before 5pm Monday 23rd March, and we'll enter you in the competition to find the happiest team at the University. There are prizes to be won!