Legal standards and compliance, government and professional bodies
Victorian Law Today contains all current statute law in Victoria.
Occupational health and safety legislation can also be monitored using Timebase: online legislation research or LawTracker. Both are available to University staff and students by searching the University Library A-Z ejournals and databases.
Standards and compliance
Compliance codes (Victorian WorkSafe)
SAI Global Standards Library - To view and/or download documents you will need to create an individual user registration (including name and UoM email address) then confirm your identity via email. After your registration, you can access documents by following the instructions outlined on the download page. The University's subscription allows three concurrent users only. To access this services at times of high use, you may need to try again later.
Government and professional bodies
- Department of Health and Human Services Victoria
- Energy Safe Victoria
- State Emergency Service Victoria
- Victorian Legislation and Parliamentary Documents
- Workplace Safety Australia's safety and environmental member website
- WorkSafe Victoria
- Emergency Management in Australia (Australian Government Department of Home Affairs)
- Safe Work Australia
Professional bodies and groups
- Australian Institute of Health and Safety (AIHS)
- Australasian Radiation Protection Society Inc (ARPS)
- Australasian University Safety Association (AUSA)
- Human Factors and Ergonomics Society of Australia (HFESA)
- International Occupational Hygiene Association (IOHA)
- Toolkit for Health and Safety Representatives
If you need help with accessing any of these sites, please contact reach out to the Health and Safety team via the Service Centre.