There are many hazards related to psychosocial issues. The University has a range of services to support staff including:
- Counselling and psychological services - for individual counselling, emergency counselling, a range of workshops, staff wellbeing programs and resources.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)- a confidential personal and professional development resource available for all employees and their immediate family members.
- Human Resources Wellbeing
- Safer Community Program - The Safer Community Program (SCP) promotes a respectful, inclusive, and connected campus community that fosters safe learning, working and living at the University of Melbourne. The SCP provides the opportunity to seek support and advice about behaviours of concern.
- Making the University a fair, equitable and safe workplace - The University of Melbourne is committed to providing a safe, respectful and rewarding work environment, free from all forms of discrimination, vilification or victimisation. Behaviours that are inconsistent with this objective, as outlined in the Appropriate Workplace Behaviour Policy (MPF1328), are not tolerated.
- Diversity and Inclusion - to learn more about how the University embeds diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
- Respect. Now. Always awareness campaign materials.
- Mental Health First Aid training for university staff.
- TrainME courses including change management, conflict resolution for employees, developing resilience, emotional intelligence in leadership, managing my work, understanding myself and others, and many more to discover.