Travel and off campus work
All University staff travel is governed by the Staff Travel Policy (MPF1300) and the Student Travel and Transport Policy (MPF1209). Staff can refer to UniTravel for all bookings and further advice. Refer to Insurance for information on cover for travel.
- Off campus activities
The University defines a high risk destination based on Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade advice levels. Currently the University determines this with the following advisories:
- Level 2 - Exercise a high degree of caution (Middle East region)
- Level 3 - Reconsider your need to travel; (all regions)
- Level 4 - Do not travel (all regions)
Other sources of travel advisories and alerts:
- Healix International Travel Oracle - Healix Travel Oracle faqs on how to install the app on your mobile
- World Aware (previously Red24)
- Canadian travel advisory
- New Zealand travel advisory
- United Kingdom travel advisory
- USA travel advisory
The Travel to high risk destinations risk assessment form is needed when you are asking for approval to travel to a high risk international destination on University business.
Travel vaccinations may be required depending on your travel plans. Guidance and more information is avaliable.
- Field work
- Travel to high risk destinations risk assessment form
- Non UniTravel risk assessment form
- Medical questionnaire for off campus activities
- Field work plan
- Field work risk assessment form