Security can be contacted on +61 3 8344 6666 or free call 1800 246 066. All security staff are trained in first aid.
Find the names of your department's local first aiders posted in each building near exits and lifts.
CPR Refresher training is only available to employees who meet the following eligibility criteria:
- CPR is a requirement of their role at the University
- Both managerial and Health and Safety Business Partner approval to complete the training (evidence of approval may be requested)
- Booking is made after consultation with Health and Safety Services.
Infection control when providing First Aid
While providing First Aid during a pandemic, remember every situation is potentially infectious. During first aid response, it is possible to interact with the bodily fluid of someone who is unwell. All first aiders should be prepared to take active measures to reduce the risk of catching and spreading the virus. These measures include:
- Practising good hygiene, including proper handwashing
- Wearing adequate personal protective equipment
- Disposal of clinical waste appropriately
- If a sharp injury is sustained, seek medical advice promptly
More information on St. John website: http://go.unimelb.edu.au/gg3r.
For advice on resuscitation during pandemic, visit Australian Resuscitation Council.
First aid training and guidance
Become a workplace first aider, courses, costs and datesTraining
First aid supplies and AEDs
First aid kits and Automated external defibrillators (AEDs)Supplies
Assessing first aid requirements
Specialist first aid requirements and common risk assessment formsRequirements
Emergency Information webpages
Incident and Hazard Reporting webpage