24 Hour Emergency Response
University Security provides a 24-hour emergency response. If you have called emergency services, please call Security immediately afterwards so that access to the campus can be provided. Security will contact the on-call OHS adviser where OHS advice is required.
In a life threatening emergency, dial 000 first
- From Parkville campus switchboard, dial 0 000
On Parkville campus, call Security on (03) 8344 6666 or Freecall 1800 246 066
Emergency numbers from other locations:
- Burnley: (03) 8344 6666
Business hours: (03) 5321 4333
After hours: 0425 700 042
- Dookie: (03) 5833 9200
- VCA & MCM Southbank: (03) 9035 9311
- Werribee: (03) 9731 2000
Emergency and first aid information has now been migrated to Staff Hub. The following information will be removed from this website shortly.
- Emergency services contacts
- Actions to take in an emergency
- Fire Extinguisher information
- Building emergency fittings - visual guide
- First aid training equipment information, risk assessments and defibrillator locations
- Warden (and chief warden) information, emergency contacts, evacuation drills and guidance materials
- The Specialist Health & Safety Team administer training for wardens (including chief wardens) and fire extinguisher use.